31 March 2015

Haul + Mini Review: REN, Maybelline and Sleek


Halfway through the month I realised I hadn't brought anything for myself since I last got paid and suddenly got the urge to go shopping. I didn't go too wild but was very happy with my purchases.

REN Clarimatte Clarifying Toner - I was on the hunt for a new exfoliating toner, due to my current one nearing its end, and found myself repurchasing this again. It's quite hard to find affordable exoliating toners but at only £13 this one seemed like a good choice. It has lactic, glycolic and salycilic acid. I enjoy using this and have noticed my skin looking a little brighter.

Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light - This item had been on my wish list for quite a long time and I am so glad I own it. I had heard it recommended many times and I can now see why. The contour powder is very pigmented but also blends very easily and is the perfect colour to create a shadow. However, I am a complete beginner with highlighter so I don't think I can comment on that aspect of this product yet.

Maybelline Color Tatoo Leather Effect in Creamy Beige - I had heard this mentioned a few times but it hadn't really stuck in my mind. I was just browsing and using the testers, as you do, when I discovered this. I loved the colour and the finish immediately so just had to get it. I really get why it is called leather effect. It has a sheen to it, an almost wet look when it catches the light. It lasts all day and can be used as a base for eyeshadow. I having been using this everyday since I brought it and would highly recommend it.

Maybelline Gel Eyeliner - Pretty sure it was buy one get one half price on the Maybelline stand which is partly why I got this. Also, I just really wanted to have a go using it again (I brought had used it a few years ago), especially since I now own a wing liner brush. I have used this a few times and the product is great, but really it comes down the brush and hand applying it as to whether it gives a good result. Most of the time I'm alright but I still need bit more practice to get the perfect wing liner.

Let me know if you would like a more in depth review of any of these products.

No comments:

Post a Comment