1 January 2015

New Year's Eve Makeup


We may not be going out for New Year's Eve this year but the occasion is a pretty good excuse to get dressed up. When it comes to New Year's Eve, I think it's the night to go all out when applying makeup. There's no holding back with the glitter, the smokiness or the liquid liner. Although I still steer clear of the disco ball look!

The Eyes
Before starting my eye makeup I stuck a short piece of sellotape at an angle on the outer corner of each of my eyes to create a sharp finish. I applied the shade Foxy from my Naked Basics palette all over my lids and blended the shade Faint through the crease. Then I blended Darkhorse from the original Naked palette into the outer corner of my eyes, adding and blending more until I was happy with it. Next came the Barry M Dazzle Dust in Bronze which I packed on all over my eye lids, followed by a little of their Fine Glitter Dust in Silver on top. I used my Maybelline Master Precise Liquid to create a thin line above my lashes, extending in the outer corners. My Rimmel Scandel Eyes Kohl Kajal in Black was used to line my upper and lower water lines. I added a little of the shade Faint to the outer corners underneath my eye and Half Baked from the Naked palette on the inner corner. Finally, I used the Max Factor Clump Defy mascara.

The Base
I stuck to my favourites at the moment, starting with the Bourjour Healthy Mix Serum Gel foundation in 51 vanilla. Under my eyes and on any blemishes I used Maybelline's Fit Me concealer in 15 and dusted over a light layer of bareMinerals Original Foundation in Fair to finish off. I attempted a little contouring using Bourjour's Chocolate Bronzer in 52.

The Lips
I went for a nude lip using Rimmel's Moisture Renew lipstick in the shade Notting Hill Nude with bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie gloss in Dazzler on top (a limited edition shade which I recieved in a gift box).

Hopefully you will still find this of interest even though New Year's Eve has come and gone, but I wanted it to show the makeup that I actually wore for New Year's Eve.
Happy New Year! I hope 2015 is the best year yet for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment