This has become another one of my favourite past dishes. It is so simple to make, yet so flavourful. I love the slightly sweet flavour of the butternut squash along with the salty flavour of the pancetta.
You will need:
225g Penne Pasta ½ Butternut Squash (Peeled and diced)
1 Small Onion (Diced)
155g Pancetta (or diced bacon)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Clove of Garlic (Crushed)
½ tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
⅔ Cup of Chicken Stock
¼ Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a medium sized saucepan, add the olive oil and pre-heat over a medium. Add the pancetta and cook until it just starts to become crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, add the onion and butternut squash. Season lightly and cook for 12-15 minutes or until they start to develop some colour. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the herbs and the chicken stock. Cook for 15-18 minutes or until the butternut squash becomes tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Add the pasta to the saucepan along with the cheese and cooked pancetta. Stir until fully mixed and serve immediately.