21 January 2014

No Heat Waves


I don't actually own any curling wands, or hair straighteners...I don't even own a hairdryer! This is what I do when I want to add some waves to my hair. It's so easy and creates really lovely waves, I really should do it more often.

Day 1
After I've showered and washed my hair, I put it up in a towel to dry while I get the rest of myself dressed and ready. When I've finished my makeup, I will take the towel of my hair and comb through it with a wide tooth comb. My hair takes quite a while to dry and at this stage it is still very damp. I split my hair into two halves and do a french braid on each side of my head. On my left I leave out my side fringe, and I like to make sure the braid is quite neat and tight all the way down.

Day 2
After I've finished getting ready in the morning I take out the braids, using my fingers to separate them. I don't brush or comb through my hair at all as this ruins how the waves look. I give my hair a light spritz of hairspray to help maintain the waves throughout the day.

Day 3
On the third day, I brush through my hair gently. The waves are still a little visible, but mostly my hair just has a slightly crimped affect and more volume than it normally would.

Hope you give this super easy hairstyle a go, and let me know if you have any other ways of creating no heat hairstyles.

3 comments:

  1. Looks pretty good. I do the beachy waves with my karmin g3 clipless curling iron and it lasts about 4 days... It is that good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good! Unfortunately, my hair doesn't hold a curl very well.

      Delete
  2. I the same as you. I always braid my hair after I washed it. :) I really like the look of it :)

    http://myvintagephotography.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete