9 September 2012

Driving: taking the test!

On the 14th of August I took my driving theory test, and passed it! I was so happy when I found out I'd passed, as I honestly thought I'd failed it. There was a couple of questions on the multiple choice part where I didn't have a clue, but in the hazard perception part of the test I got a message come up on the screen saying that I had scored 0 on a video clip due to an inappropriate number of clicks. So after that I didn't have much hope. I walked up to the desk to collect my results. He said to me "Smile" and pointed to the words on the certificate saying 'Congratulations, you've passed!'. I was so happy with that!

After that I waited until after I'd got my A Level results and found out when and which University I'll be starting at, before I attempted booking my practical driving test. And I mean attempted, as when I came to book it there were no dates before the 24th September, and I was starting Uni on the 15th. That left me no choice but to book the earliest date possible and keep checking for cancellations to change it. I thought I wasn't going to be able to take the test before I go, and would have to continue learning and take the test another time or another place. But luckily a couple of days ago a cancellation came up and I managed to get my test booked for the 12th September, just three days before I will be moving away. I'm not sure that I feel ready to take the test but my driving instructor seems to think that I'll be OK, so I guess I'll have to trust him. I will so happy if I pass the test on Wednesday, to have got it out the way and having my driving license to use when I may need it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment